Modeling the impact of climate change on mussel aquaculture in a coastal upwelling system: A critical assessment
Science of The Total Environment
Fuentes-Santos, Isabel; Labarta, Uxío; Fernández-Reiriz, María José; Kay, Susan; Hjøllo, Solfrid Sætre ; Alvarez-Salgado, Antón;
- • We forecast climate change impacts on Galician mussel aquaculture.
- • Bias correction is required when using ocean climate models in a coastal farm area.
- • Uncertainty of SST projections is larger between models than between scenarios.
- • Interaction between the farming schedule and seasonal environmental variability determine aquaculture production.
- • The projected impact of climate change on mussel aquaculture is minor.